A hospital emergency room can triage a dental wound, but cannot repair the teeth. We can do both.Sudden dental pain can cause anyone anxiety. If you damage a tooth while playing sports, from having an accident, or from natural decay, we are here to help. The sooner you receive professional dental treatment, the better. Damaged…
FAQs About Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment
Patients dealing with dental imperfections can greatly benefit from cosmetic dentistry. There are many affordable treatments available today that are simple and can help patients achieve a new smile.
Common questions regarding cosmetic dentistry
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about cosmetic dentistry as well as related procedures.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the focus on dental procedures that are used to improve appearance of a patient’s teeth, bite and gums. The treatments work to correct issues with the alignment, shape, size and color of the teeth.
What are the most common procedures?
While there are many treatments available, these are the most common procedures used in cosmetic dentistry:
- Veneers: Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells, usually made of porcelain or resin, that are custom-created in a lab to match and fit a patient’s teeth. These are often used to fix discolored teeth, tooth discoloration, misalignments or cracks and chips in the teeth. Veneers are durable and often last around 15 years.
- Bonding: This procedure is similar to veneers but instead involves a tooth-colored material, typically composite resin, that is created in a dentist office. It is then shaped to match the teeth and attached via an adhesive. Bonding is also used to correct imperfections in the teeth, such as cracks, misalignments and gaps. Results usually last for 10 years.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. This surgical procedure uses titanium implants as replacement roots in the jawbone. An artificial crown, bridge or denture base with replacement teeth is then attached on top. The procedure has many advantages over other replacement options and can help patients improve speech as well as avoid weakening of the jawbone.
- Teeth whitening: This treatment is used for patients who have stains and discoloration on the teeth. Stains often occur from tobacco use or diet; drinks such as coffee and tea have a tendency to cause tooth discoloration. A powerful bleaching agent is used to remove the stains and give a white smile.
- Braces: Braces are appliances that are used to help straighten and realign teeth. There are a variety of types of braces available today, from the traditional metal and wire to clear.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry has the ability to restore self-esteem and confidence in patients who are unhappy with their smiles. In addition, this type of dentistry can help prevent dental issues in the future. For example, misalignments can cause cavities and decay because it can be difficult to clean teeth properly; fixing this may help avoid these issues. Teeth can become healthier and stronger after restorations.
Cosmetic dentistry is an important part of dentistry as it helps patients enhance their smiles. The procedures have the ability to fix numerous dental issues, such as misalignments, tooth discoloration, cracks and gaps. Patients can feel self-assured and enjoy a beautiful, healthy smile again.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
If you ask yourself, “Do I have sleep apnea?” There is treatment available at our dental office. Call for more.If you or a loved one struggles with snoring while asleep, you might be surprised to know that dental treatment can help. While people may snore from time to time, loud, excessive snoring can be the…
Oral hygiene basics involve brushing at least twice a day and flossing once a day before brushing.When it comes to cleaning the teeth, most people may not realize that there is an order you need to follow. In fact, many people aren't aware of the crucial oral hygiene basics that can help your teeth remain…
Many patients are busy and are just seeking a professional opinion of their symptoms. In cases like these, one of the best alternatives to an office visit is a virtual consultation. In this article, we discuss what information a teledentist can effectively provide and when a traditional appointment is need to make a diagnosis or…